Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom update

kye
Getting Established

Bathroom update

On a budget I used a stencil, products from Bunnings and updated the tiles. Changed towel rails. Super happy with results

84EA8437-F152-49D5-A5E8-51283E81C43F.jpeg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Bathroom update

Hi @kye,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is awesome you have decided to join and share your bathroom update with us. You'll find Workshop to be a great source of inspiration and advice on all things DIY and garden. Fantastic projects like yours sometimes make it into our Top Ideas page like our top 10 most popular bathroom projects article. You might find yours there one day!

Is there any trick to using the stencil? Do you have to prime the area first?

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
kye
Getting Established

Hi, 

I did a heap of research and asked a painter friend before I started. I cleaned and lightly sanded the tiles. I applied White Knight tile primer and followed the instructions re roller nap and drying time. I used the Dulux tile paint range and bought the stencil online. It was time consuming with trial and error for applying the stencil but I used a 4mm nap roller and only did one coat. Once it was all dry I used UV stable clear tetrathane with a non slip additive. The bathroom is a high traffic area with a family of 5 in and out using the double shower and bath. With the tetrathane coating I don’t expect it to yellow, chip or fade. 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @kye,

Thank you for sharing further detail. It really looks like you could be a professional! Well done again. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects