Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Budget bathroom reno

artrato3
Cultivating a Following

Budget bathroom reno

We have no money to spend on this dated bathroom to make it more appealing to buyers as we have to spend it all on the yard and retaining walls as it's on the side of a hill and I think the yard is why it hadn't sold however I am aware that bathrooms and kitchens are very important and want to give it a CHEAP facelift to make it more saleable. The toilet is behind the shower behind that door and there is a pair of louvre doors leading into the kitchen on the right-hand side opposite it. The main entrance to the bathroom where the picture is taken from is the lounge room. The photo makes it look a lot neater than it is. The door trim to the toilet is eaten away by white ants. Will post a couple of close-ups.cracked tilescracked tilesbad patch on tile wall of showerbad patch on tile wall of showermirror damagedmirror damageddated tapwaredated tapwareb4.jpg

Re: Bathroom reno

@2Belindas  Wow wow and wow again.  You really gave me a second look at this bathroom as I hadn't noticed half the things you mentioned till you mentioned them.

Next year I plan to tackle my bathroom and kitchen and will take on board what you have mentioned in this instance.  The mirror is a biggie for me, as I have a very large mirror which goes from one side to the other of my vanity and my vanity is much the same as this one but double it.  I toyed with putting a timber frame around where the gold edge is but the thought, how would I attach it to the frame, mirror and hold it in place without breaking it.

Thank you for the extra detail in your reply.  I certainly appreciated it.

Old gal 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects