Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you use an Estilo semi-frameless shower screen with a Decina Prelude shower base?

gregmirella
Finding My Feet

Can you use an Estilo semi-frameless shower screen with a Decina Prelude shower base?

Hi Can you advise if the estilo semi frameless shower screen is suitable for the Decina Prelude shower base? Both are 900 x 900mm. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can you use an Estilo semi-frameless shower screen with a Decina Prelude shower base?

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @gregmirella. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a project to share.

Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to assist you with choosing the right products for your bathroom. He will get back to you as soon as possible.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shower match

Hello @gregmirella 

Thanks for sharing your question about the Decina Prelude shower base. Please allow me to double check the size of the base lip of the Estilo shower base. As soon as I have the measurements, I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

Eric

Re: Shower match

Thanks Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you use an Estilo semi-frameless shower screen with a Decina Prelude shower base?

Hello @gregmirella 

Thank you for your patience. The Decina Prelude has the same lip dimensions as the Estilo 900mm x 900mm Shower Base 4 Lip Rear Outlet. However, the Decina is technically 5mm bigger than the Estilo base so the the shower frame might be sitting on the edge of the Decina's lower lip. I propose opening the Estilo shower box carefully and test fitting the shower frame on the Decina shower base. 

Please note that the Estilo shower frame is adjustable, and I recommend maximizing its allowable width and length so that it sits neatly on the lower lip of the shower base.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Ok thank you

CamSmith
Just Starting Out

I was wondering my bathroom is hated by my partner and I because we need a bigger shower and I’d like floor to ceiling tiles +double shower n new style drain. Can I (because I’ve already gapped/ fixed all holes n painted, so can I just cover everything in waterproofing and then just cement new tiles in, can I do that legally.….."”¿or Moreton it is that acceptable "”?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @CamSmith 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your shower project.

Before you go into waterproofing, I suggest checking the fall on your floor to make sure that water will flow to the floor waste correctly. If it does not have the correct fall, it might be necessary to screed your existing floor in order to achieve the correct fall.

In regards to water proofing, I suggest checking the rules and regulations of your local council. Waterproofing will possibly need to be applied by a trained professional. The application will then need to be inspected and signed off before you can begin tiling. 

My best advice is to check opening distance of your proposed shower area and make sure that there is glass shower panel door set that is available.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects