Workshop
Ask a question

How to fit new toilet seat to connector plate?

AnnikaK
Just Starting Out

How to fit new toilet seat to connector plate?

Hi, I replaced Mum’s toilet seat a little while ago with a Caroma one shown in photo. The old connector plate from the Fowler porcelain cistern to the new seat is discoloured and broken on one side (see pic). I bought an Estrelo replacement from Bunnings today and cut it to size, but it seems too narrow (19.5cm W). The old connecter plate is 21.5cm wide and seems to slot into the back of the new toilet seat. I don’t know what connection plate to buy to fit the cistern and the seat? Can you please tell me what will fit?
Also, how exactly is it meant to attach to the seat? Abutting it or slide into it? And where on the pipe fitting should it go? 

many thanks in advance, 

Annika 

IMG_0296.jpeg

IMG_0297.jpeg

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cistern Connector Plate

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @AnnikaK. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about toilet connector plates.

It sounds like you'd be after this Caroma Cistern Connector Plate , which is 210mm wide. A connector plate is typically designed to slot into the back of the seat and connects the the pipe fitting directly under the cistern.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects