Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. kids bathroom organiser - recycled pallets

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

D.I.Y. kids bathroom organiser - recycled pallets

Been a while since my last post. Been trying to tackle a lot of unfinished projects. Mainly the kids area trying to ‘Organise the chaos!’. Since the portable bag organiser I made for the kids has worked so well - I decided to do something in their bathroom. 

I previously had hooks on the wall but my middle child (repeat offender) would constantly leave her towel on the floor. As for their tooth brush and paste it was always left anywhere but in the cup in the cupboard. They are all obsessed with diy and love seeing what things I can create, so using this I thought I’d try something appealing to help sort the bathroom issues! Been 2 months and it has made a huge difference! 

Using pallet wood, classic grey wood stain, 3 x plumbing clamps, plasterboard anchor ( only screw into 1 stud the other side used the anchor), 3 x hooks and 3 cups. Only needed to purchase the clamps. Was going to try mason jars but was to risky. Then thought having portable cups was a lot better for kids. 

Before & After:

B85F6D20-5D20-4DF9-83A5-7639CF629988.jpeg9CF6257D-8496-4D1D-8BEB-C6621720E103.jpegC471E342-FBA0-4B9D-AE03-EDFB4D215F9E.jpeg

BeforeBefore

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: DIY Kids bathroom organiser - recycled pallet wood

Great stuff as always @Tara86. Well done! I'm sure many Workshop community members can relate to trying to "organise the chaos"!

Your portable bag organiser for the entryway has been very popular on Workshop (nearly 5000 views!) and this project will certainly also inspire plenty of others. 

Thanks for sharing,

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tara86
Amassing an Audience

Re: DIY Kids bathroom organiser - recycled pallet wood

@Jason thanks heaps Jason. I’m always on the look out for ideas to make life with 3 kids a bit easier ha ha.

The portable bag organiser has seriously been a god send. The first thing the kids do when we get home is go straight to it. I still have to remind my middle child to unpack her bag but so much better than before ha ha.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects