Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do Kaboodle sell a broom cupboard for laundry?

mistarusson
Growing in Experience

Do Kaboodle sell a broom cupboard for laundry?

Hi - Does anyone know if kaboodle do a broom cupboard to suit a laundry? Website lists a pantry or two, but they're with shelves; I'd like one like the Flatpax Utility 600mm 1 door broom cupboard, to accommodate a broom (funnily enough) and stick vacuum:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/flatpax-utility-600mm-1-door-broom-cupboard_p2666211?bvstate=pg:2/ct:r

Leaving the shelves out of the kaboodle one would be a bit of a waste of space. Going all Flatpax is an option, albeit cheaper. Appreciate any info or thoughts.

Thanks 😊

Re: Do Kaboodle sell a broom cupboard for laundry?

We've decided to leave the pantry out (the ironing board doesn't fit in there when set up anyway, so can live elsewhere). I think it'll look less heavy when walking in, with bench top wall-to-wall. If it ends up looking anything like that design, we'll be very happy - thank you @EricL The only addition to plan, the wife is insistent on a wall shelf. Probably in the middle. Ideally matching bench top wood. The SpecRite panels would be a cheaper option to achieve this, but have seen the Kaboodle in-situ at Bunnings store, does look good. Oh and same tiles, but one-colour - Coral/pink. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I'm sure the additions of the wooden shelf and fish scale tiles in one colour will look fabulous, @mistarusson. If @EricL has the ability to show you the design with different types of fish scale tiles, I'm sure he'll do so. Often design programs give you a limited selection of tiles to choose from. Otherwise, good luck with your project and keep us updated every step of the way. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @mistarusson 

As requested, below is the re-drawn laundry with pink tiles specifically the Decor8 Tiles 334 x 221mm Boulevard Fan Blush Gloss Ceramic Mosaic. Timber shelf in the middle of the wall cabinets.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

mistarusson laundry5.jpg

mistarusson
Growing in Experience

Hi @EricL - this is amazing, thank you. I didn’t expect you to update the design again.

I am torn now (wall to wall cupboards or not) as the shelves and higher backsplash looks better than I thought. Will show my tiler today for thoughts (floor tiles were laid yesterday arvo).

mistarusson
Growing in Experience

Well, I pretty much got there. Here's some before and after photos...

Before

IMG_4082.jpgIMG_4078.jpgIMG_4077.jpg

After

IMG_4894.jpgIMG_4892.jpgIMG_4897.jpgIMG_4893.jpg

Thank you everyone for your help, comments and words of encouragement! Big shout out to @EricL (clapping emoji!) - the final product looks very much like the design you created. High-five.

Need to upgrade the bare light, varnish or wax new external door (I used wax for benchtop and shelves, though suspect wax not suitable for external face of door) and install kickboard.

Wish bench top was 630mm (not 600mm), only as I set base cabinets quite far forward as I wanted them aligned with washing machine (the jutting out look pains me; former graphic designer, I like things lining up!). 

Though a second benchtop at 600mm worked well for the shelves; I cut the extra one dead centre for 2 x 300mm lengths, then cut up to create box frame for in-between wall cabinets - I'm no carpenter (office-based), but happy with the result.

What an absolutely stunning laundry you've created @mistarusson! I can see why you are happy with the results.

Your tile choice and open shelving look fabulous. You might not like the bench being set back slightly from the front of the washer, but to me, it looks just fine.

Many thanks for sharing your finished laundry and well done.

Mitchell

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @mistarusson 

Thank you very much for that update, your laundry looks fantastic. The tiles look great, I was expecting them to be smaller, but they look excellent. The cabinet line-up looks perfect, it reminds me of those European laundry systems where the benchtops are lined up with the cabinetry.

Again, thank you for sharing such a wonderful makeover.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects