Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do you need to silicone an Oliveri laundry tub?

suhu6
Just Starting Out

Do you need to silicone an Oliveri laundry tub?

When installing an Oliveri 70 litre Drop in Laundry tub onto a stone top, do you need to silicone around the tub or just use the clips with the sink to attach it to the stone top?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Installing an Oliveri Laundry Tub

Hello @suhu6 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about installing your Oliveri laundry tub. 

I suggest placing a bead of silicone on your stone top and pressing the laundry tub onto this in order to get a good water seal. Once the tub is locked into place, I propose putting another bead on the surface to totally seal the tub to the face of the benchtop.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.   

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
suhu6
Just Starting Out

Thankyou Eric, the reason I was asking is because the laundry tub has a rubber seal all around the underside, which when the clips are in place should seal the underside of the sink. So would it still be necessary to use silicone? ( I'm not sure if all sinks have the rubber seal or not? ) Thank you for your help. HelenSee the rubber seal here all under the sink.See the rubber seal here all under the sink.IMG_1969.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @suhu6 

I tend to over engineer my projects. I would still put a bead of silicone behind the rubber seal just to make sure that it is totally sealed from water. But I will leave that choice up to you.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects