Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

First time laundry reno advice

Loulou2
Getting Established

First time laundry reno advice

Hi all,

I am about to embark on my first ever Reno and DIY so a little bit daunted by the process. 
I am planning on updating my laundry which is a reasonable sized space but has very little storage.

I have already bought flat pack cabinetry (perhaps a little prematurely 😬). This includes 2x 850mm wall hung cabinets, 1x 600mm standing cabinet to be used as the basin cabinet and 1x 450mm standing cabinet. This will allow space for the washing machine and dryer to sit under a bench top.

I am now a bit confused as to how to remove the old laundry trough cabinet and plumbing and then hide the washing machine drain hose in the new cabinetry. 
I have watched a couple of Bunnings videos which have been helpful in explaining how to cut holes in the cabinet for the piping and installing the sink into the bench but haven’t found a lot of info on hiding the washing machine piping. 
I’ve uploaded my current laundry and my ideas for new laundry for your info (basically just flip this one). 
Thanks in advance for any advice you can

lend!  

828ACE16-C8FE-4999-81B4-D00295D9BBD4.jpeg

849F3B54-4F90-4171-B996-7E69D0076DBF.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: First Time Laundry Reno Advice

Thanks for letting us know @Loulou2. I'm sure Mitch will be happy to make some recommendations for you when he is back on the site on Friday. Apologies for the delay in the meantime. Other members might also like to share their suggestions.

Looking forward to seeing how you can transform your laundry. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Loulou2,

From our range of top-mounted sinks, I can recommend the Everhard Excellence Squareline Single BowlD'LUCCI Single Bowl Rectangular Sink and Mondella Rococo Square Single Bowl Sink. All three of these units should fit quite nicely in your cabinet which is 600mm wide and 580mm deep. With these top mount sinks, the dimensions indicate the overall size including the top lip. The insert into the cabinet is smaller and doesn't need extra space on the sides.

Please keep us updated on your laundry project and feel free to let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks so much for this @MitchellMc ! I particularly like the look of the D’Lucci one, I think the bigger the better for a laundry sink.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects