Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fitting a drain system to existing concrete slab shower base adding new molded base

Watto57
Just Starting Out

Fitting a drain system to existing concrete slab shower base adding new molded base

Looking at replacing and old tiled drop down slab shower base with lifting tiles to a new moulded base in a 3 wall shower.  Need to set up a plumbing system so I can slid in new base slightly larger than old base but i cannot work out how or what type of drain system I need so that the drain is put in last. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fitting a drain system to existing concrete slab shower base adding new molded base

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Watto57. It's fantastic that you have joined us, and many thanks for your question.

You might like to post some images of the current shower and provide details on the moulded base you intend on using. That will allow our members to provide some solutions to your drainage issue. Were you planning on using the existing pipework and extending it by cutting a trench in the slab? The pipework needed will be determined by where the existing drain is now and where it needs to be for the moulded base.

I look forward to seeing some images and hearing more details on the moulded base you intend to install.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects