Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Guest toilet remodel

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Guest toilet remodel

We finally gave our guest toilet a much needed update after finding a solid day and a lot of enthusiasm to see it through.

The result is more than splendid for us especially for a modest budget DIY project of less than $400.

After 

20230316_232900.jpg

20230316_233100.jpg

Process

20230316_224207.jpg

20230316_144521.jpg

20230316_192728.jpg

Before 

20230316_092504.jpg

Updates included 

- thorough clean 

- painting trims, walls and ceiling 

- flooring 

- new cistern and seat 

- new light 

Cheers all

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Guest toilet remodel

What a stunning transformation @diy_hausdesigns. You must be thrilled with the results, as they look amazing!

I'm sure our members will have plenty of questions about the remodel. Were there any parts that caused difficulties, or do you have any tips and tricks that our members would find useful when trying to replicate your project?

Many thanks for sharing as I trust your project will provide our members will a heap of inspiration and encourage them to give something similar a go.

Great work!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
zarapriceless
Finding My Feet

Hi, where did you get the cistern and seat from? And what kind of flooring did you use/where from?

MelC1
Cultivating a Following

Looks great!

I’d like to give our toilet area a paint over and it looks like yours is about the same size. Any tips for painting in such a small space?

Cheers

Melanie

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @zarapriceless 

Let me tag @diy_hausdesigns to make them aware of your questions. There are a few replacement cisterns available at the store and the one they've used in the photo looks like the Estilo White Replacement Cistern with Seat. This cistern is compatible with a lot of toilet pans and can be adjusted for height.

In regards to the flooring, it could either be the Self-Stick Vinyl Flooring or the Hybrid Waterproof Flooring. Both products are waterproof and can be laid over tiles.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @MelC1 

Let me tag @diy_hausdesigns to make sure they are aware of your question. You'll notice in the photos that they used masking tape to protect the areas they did not want painted over. Because the space is very small, I don't think you'll be able to use a roller with a long pole. I recommend using a Gorilla 120kg 2 Step Household Platform Ladder or similar to enable you to reach the top part of the wall with your paint roller. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Hi @zarapriceless 

As @EricL has advised it is the Bunnings estillo seat and cistern. If it fits over the bowl, all you'll need to do is trim the cover plate to size which is simple.

All the best 

Rufaro 

----

Hi @MelC1 

Main tip is to start with the ceiling, then walls. I found this meant I had less of a chance of stuffing up areas I had already painted. I used the roller without the extention pole. You get great paint coverage with it in a small space. 

Also working backwards from the rear wall when painting helped.

All the best !

Rufaro 

----
MelC1
Cultivating a Following

Thanks @EricL 🙂

MelC1
Cultivating a Following

Thank you @diy_hausdesigns, I’ll take on that advice.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects