Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I make my Laundry/Shower/Vanity workable

Mumface
Getting Established

How can I make my Laundry/Shower/Vanity workable

0173CC33-4A10-4EB4-883E-D386799ABDC6.jpeg

AD663B99-C8D5-4A89-9AF6-6AE6F726A4B7.jpeg

BB68036F-BA5A-4750-B45A-4F9C15C0FA2C.jpeg

CEFADEB7-4B63-4B2E-A08D-2EFBB10E5411.jpeg

CE0C6465-7BE4-42BB-AA26-F732ECF30FEA.jpeg

C9A6D1CD-AFDD-4CD9-8660-FDF4CCBC1127.jpeg

C189AD23-DA20-48A2-B5D0-6F50C9540666.jpeg

03124A46-089E-4D14-88C8-19094F11E3D0.jpeg

  

Needing a new shower for starters, get rid of Landry tub and replace with Vanity Basin. Not sure where to start. Probably a linen cupboard and somewhere to store broom/mop & vacuum cleaner. I’m limited for space. Could change washing out for front loader and put a bench above. 

3B79EACC-DCE9-42A7-8C99-7601B3545FFB.jpeg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How can I make my Laundry/Shower/Vanity workable

Hello @Mumface 

Looking at your plans are we gutting the dividing wall between your laundry and shower? Just want to be sure.

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Yes get rid of wall between shower and tub. 

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Mumface 

I've attached some ideas for you to look at and consider.

- Use a 900 x 900 frameless shower instead of a 1000 x 1000. This will allow you to maximize the cabinetry near the washing machine.

- Reduce the width of the entry door near the shower by 100mm allowing you to put shelving and cabinetry and you will gain more storage space.

- Change your doors to louvered doors to allow the entire room to breath even with doors closed. This will prevent condensation build up and avoid mold infestation.

Hope you enjoy the drawings. Questions, suggestions and queries just drop us a line here on workshop. Good luck and stay safe.

Cheers,

Red

mumface1.jpgmumface2.jpgmumface3.jpgmumface4.jpgmumface5.jpgmumface6.jpgmumface7.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Mumface. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your laundry project.

I see @redracer01 has created some amazing renderings to assist in your inspiration for the area. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new layout.

For some extra inspiration can I suggest you take a look at How to transform your laundryHow to style your laundry and How to organise your laundry room. Many of the suggestions in the articles would be great to use in combination with Red's design.

We look forward to following along with your project and would encourage you to let us know if you need assistance, had questions or have something to share.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks so much Red. Appreciate your help and input. Definitely need the storage space. Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects