Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I modernise yet maximise the functionality and space in our bathroom?

Deeks66
Getting Established

How can I modernise yet maximise the functionality and space in our bathroom?

IMG_5765.jpeg

IMG_5764.jpeg

  

It is a 3x1 house so Ideally we would like to put a bath/shower in that is modern and not just another shower bath. We would like the bathroom to look brighter and more inviting and really utilise the space, Without crowding or squishing the room. All advise is greatly appreciated!!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I modernise yet maximise the functionality and space in our bathroom?

Hi @Deeks66,

You might like to start by reading through How to plan a bathroom renovation and checking out our Top 10 most popular bathroom projects for inspiration.

The first thing that needs to be determined for the project is your budget and what type of renovation you are considering. Are you just looking for a functional refresh or a ground-up total revamp, including tiling? Replacing the shower with a bath/shower combo and updating the vanity and mirror to something more modern could achieve the results you're looking for without having to re-tile. I can't quite tell what your floor tiles look like, but they seem reasonable. So, painting your wall tiles with the Dulux Renovation range might be all that's needed, alongside some new lighting, to brighten up the room and make it appear more inviting.

By keeping the plumbing in the same locations and not having to re-tile, you'll shave thousands of the renovation. I put together a quick rendering of your space below. I'd encourage you to check out the link above for inspiration and come back to us with some things you'd like to achieve in the space. We can then give you more details on how to implement them to best effect.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Bathroom.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects