Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I secure bathroom vanity into the wall?

sufianoori
Finding My Feet

How can I secure bathroom vanity into the wall?

I’m trying to renovate my house by myself and I would love some advice and support on the way. 
I’m trying to collect as much information how to and where I can get the best deal for my bathroom vanity. 
I’m going to upload a design that I really like and if anyone can provide me with a feedback on how to go about it please. 
thank you! 

IMG_6091.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How can I secure bathroom vanity into the wall?

Hi @sufianoori,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's good to have you join us and we are looking forward to seeing how your renovation progresses. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a new project to share. 

Could you please provide a little more detail about your project so our members can provide more specific and helpful advice? Have you already selected a vanity to install (if so, please provide detail on the product) or are you building from scratch? Could you also please share a photo of where it is going to be installed so members can see what you are working with?

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I’m building from scratch and it’s going to 

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @sufianoori 

Thanks for sharing that photo of your vanity. Since you have walls on both sides of the vanity it technically would make it easier to mount the vanity on the wall. However, the real challenge is to build the vanity to the way that you like it.

Looking at your inspiration photo, it is two small cabinets that are positioned one on top of the other with a gap for the towels. You'll notice that the top cabinet is actually a solid shelf, and it only looks like it is a drawer because of the large towel rail installed in front of it. The real drawers are located at the bottom assembly.

If you have the proper tools and some cabinet making experience, it is possible to build something similar for your vanity area. Would it be possible for you to tell us the measurements of your vanity, this will allow me to sketch up a sample cabinet for you. 

In regards to installation, it's important that the cabinet be anchored to the wall studs so that it does not droop or lean over once you have the vanity bowl in place and drawers are leaded with bathroom items.

In the meantime, I suggest having a look at this discussion - Tasmanian Oak bathroom vanity by @Banyoabode. It's an excellent example of how to assemble your own vanity. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Hi Ericl, 

thank you for your help and support. 
measurements for the vanity is 1700 x 495. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @sufianoori 

Thank you for posting the measurements of your vanity space. I've placed a sample sketch below of how you can assemble your D.I.Y. split vanity set. Just keep in mind that the cabinet itself must be screwed to the back and sides so that it is fully supported in that location.

If you have any other questions we can help with, lease let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects