Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I remove a diplomat door handle?

Jac2
Just Starting Out

How do I remove a diplomat door handle?

wanting to change the handles on internal doors in house. Gainsbourgh Diplomat passage set has been used. I have attempted to find a way to get it off but can't.  Have searched online but everywhere is telling me to depress a latch then I can remove handle but I can't  see a latch, lug, of any sort. ?...

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how do I remove a diplomat door handle

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jac2. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Is the handle similar to this Gainsborough Classic Series Satin Chrome Diplomat Passage Knobset? Is it a dummy knob which is just on one side of the door? If it is similar to the link I have posted you should be able to simply turn the cover flange anti-clockwise. This will expose fixing screws underneath.

Please let me know how you go. If you can show me a picture of the handle-set you have I will contact Gainsbourgh for further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JDE
Becoming a Leader

Re: How do I remove a diplomat door handle?

Jacs2 is it a handle or knob? If handle try watching this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zGzx5Iy4as8 how to install a Gainsborough door handle. If they are this style the cover is a pressure fit and can be levered off with a srewdriver

JDE

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do I remove a diplomat door handle?

Just closing the loop on this discussion for the benefit of other visitors in future. 

We spoke to Gainsborough and they confirmed that it is the rosette (flange) that unscrews. They suggested wearing washing up gloves to grip onto the surface better, which Jac was able to successfully do.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects