Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I remove the parts behind the handles?

Andrea39
Finding My Feet

How do I remove the parts behind the handles?

7407904A-5F43-4BD9-BFEE-C150491E2B49.jpeg

I have tried a wall spanner and I have tried using WD40 and a wall spanner. What else can I do? Does this job require a plumber?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I remove the parts behind the handles?

Hi @Andrea39,

It is fantastic to see you've made progress on the issue.

Were you planning on replacing the taps? If so, it would be great to see the finished taps once you have completed the job.

Please keep us updated on your attempts to remove the last spindle.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
yakillinme1
Just Starting Out

I have a spindle that requires 6 sided bigger than my 29.5mm....any ideas what tool I need ken

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @yakillinme1

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about removing your spindle.

If the Tap Spanner Set is not suitable, I suggest using a Trojan 300mm Pipe Wrench, see if you can clasp the top body of the spindle and turn it from that point. But if you wish to clasp onto the angled surface, you'll need to chip a bit away from the wall so that you can mount the wrench onto the body of the spindle.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your spindle repaired.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
r23on
Amassing an Audience

There is always a simple solution to all problems. For issues like these, heavy tools are not necessary a set of tube spanners will resolve most tap problems. in your case it will be a 30mm tube spanner if Bunnings does not have it go to Sydney Tools or total tools.

Bunnings does have a Kincrome set but this could be a special orders. 

Kincrome 10 Piece Metric Tube Spanner Set This set has resolved a number of my tap issues over the years

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects