Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i fix chipped enamel around bath drain?

Ashleighhall
Just Starting Out

How do i fix chipped enamel around bath drain?

IMG_7891.jpeg

The enamel/paint is chipping away around the drain of my metal bathtub. How to i fix this?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how do i fix peeling around bath drain

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ashleighhall. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about peeling bath paint.

It is probably worth doing a full refresh of the tub with White Knight 500ml White Tub And Basin Paint. Remove any chipped and loose paint around the waste and sand the bathtub as per directions. Remember your PPE, including a face mask, safety glasses and gloves. I've used this product several times before with great results. Not only does it cover the worn areas, but it leaves you with a bright white finish, which makes the whole tub look much better.

You could attempt a spot repair, but Rust-Oleum Tub And Tile Touch Up Kit does not recommend its use on metal surfaces. Given you'd need to purchase the larger kit from White Knight, I'd recommend doing the full refresh.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects