Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cover up the net on the window

Maymay
Building a Reputation

How to cover up the net on the window

Hello Bunnings experts

Recently I want to cover the net on the window in the toilet , it causes wind and dust through year, what materials can I cover it 

Thank you 

Best regards 

May

358CADC0-DA40-4752-AE64-93139FF2E431.jpeg

may

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to cover up the net on the window

That definitely sounds less than ideal @Maymay. I am wondering whether this is the only source of ventilation in the toilet? Let me tag @redracer01 and @MitchellMc who may be able to help with some suggestions for you. 

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
Maymay
Building a Reputation

Hi JaneK

we also have an exhaust fan too, I believe it will be ok if I cover up the net. 
Thank you

maymay 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Maymay,

It's good to see you're onto the next project!

What does it look like from the exterior? It might be easier/look nicer if you covered it from outside. If you wanted to fix something to the interior, perhaps you could cut some Australian Handyman Supplies 1200 x 600mm 0.75 Galvabond Mini Sheet to fit the gap with tin snips and pop-rivet it in place. It could then be painted to suit the rest of the frame. Alternatively, you could use CustomWood MDF 900 x 600 x 3mm Standard MDF Panel if you painted it as we can cut it to size for you in-store.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Maymay
Building a Reputation

Hi Mitchell

yes! Another project for me 😊, I think I am very popular to ask the advice 😅
I don’t want to cover up the whole window ( the glass part is ok, only the top side with the metal net has to cover to avoid the wind and dust ) 

Regards

Maymay

7531E06D-B97A-45D2-99EC-6B536FB48C6E.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Maymay,

I believe covering this hole from the outside would look the best. I'd recommend using the  Australian Handyman Supplies 1200 x 600mm 0.75 Galvabond Mini Sheet to fit the gap, cut to size with tin snips and pop-riveted in place. You could also use some 110 x 19mm x 1.8m Tasmanian Oak Dressed All Round DAR Select Grade cut to the frame's width. You can then pre-drill the timber and frame and fix the timber in place with Zenith 10G x 40mm Gold Passivated Countersunk Head Metal Screws.

Mitchell

Maymay
Building a Reputation

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for your information, I really don’t want to cover whole window, any more suggestion like a temporary tape only cover the net then I can change for every 6 months ?

Regards

Maymay 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

The method I've described above would be just for the gap, not the whole window, @Maymay. For a simple solution, you could just apply T-Rex 101mm x 1.5m Strong Waterproof Tape to the exterior. I'd imagine the tape would last for several years.

Mitchell

Maymay
Building a Reputation

Hi Mitchell

I prefer the simple solution, it is much easier for me 

Thank you very much 

Regards 

Maymay

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects