Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a crack in a marble step?

Robbie193
Just Starting Out

How to fix a crack in a marble step?

I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix quite a large crack in an old marble step.  I realize it will not blend in but it looks ugly and dirty at the moment.   Thank you

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a crack in a marble step?

Hello @Robbie193

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about how to fix a crack in a marble step.

My first suggestion is to clean the area thoroughly with a Sabco Soft Grip Grout Brush with soap and water. Make sure that all the dirt and debris are washed out. I recommend using the PC-11 56g White Epoxy Paste to fill the crack. You can push the adhesive down using a Pro Renovator 38mm Plastic Scraper. Please make sure that the area is totally dry before applying the Epoxy Paste.

I recommend filling it only until it is level with the step, make sure to clean off all the excess paste. Please give the Epoxy Paste enough time to cure before applying any pressure to it. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your step repaired.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects