Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix bidet hose pipe stiffness?

humaid
Just Starting Out

How to fix bidet hose pipe stiffness?

Hi There,

I have the bidet spray installed along with the back flow preventer but the hose pipe becomes stiff once the water is all filled up in the water tank.

You can see the stiffness of the hose pipe in the attached image

17096822893887629281877265437989.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix bidet hose pipe stiffness?

Hello @humaid 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about your bidet hose.

I believe what's happening is that too much water pressure is building inside your bidet hose causing it to stiffen. I suggest calling your plumber back and asking them to install a pressure reducing valve so that water pressure does not build up in the hose or you turn the water off after each use.

Unfortunately, there are no other items you can attach to your bidet hose that will relieve the pressure. Worst case scenario is that so much pressure will build up in the hose it will start to produce a leak.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
humaid
Just Starting Out

This pressure reducing valve fits in where. Is it available in Bunnings?

is it something I can put myself or expert is required ?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @humaid 

I'm sorry but the part I suggested can only be installed by a registered plumber. They will also be able to determine the type of valve needed. They will need to examine the bidet and then make a decision as to what type to install.  

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jaiprak
Having an Impact

@humaid - I suggest getting this fixed sooner or use the turn off feature permanently. I know of someone who had a pipe puncture (remember these are rubber pipes wrapped with some metal for appearance) and it was a nightmare post that replacing entire flooring. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects