Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix towel rail coming off the wall?

sophmacks
Just Starting Out

How to fix towel rail coming off the wall?

IMG_0700.jpegIMG_0701.jpegHi there.

this is our bathroom towel railing that has been falling down almost every 5 times we use it. They fall down because of the loose fittings on the wall. As you can see in the photos, the fittings to the wall is slightly dislodged. I’m not sure exactly how to fix this, since there aren’t any screws that go into the tiles.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix towel rail coming off the wall?

Hello @sophmacks 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your towel rail.

I suspect that the anchor point for your towel rail is underneath the round circle flange at the bottom. Under the flange there should a small hole where you'll find a grub screw. Generally speaking, once you loosen or remove the grub screw you should be able to lift the towel rail off your wall. 

Looking at the picture you posted, it appears that the screw holding the round circle flange has come loose. In order to fix this, simply retighten the screw back down. To keep the screw from coming loose, I recommend putting a few drops of super glue to the bottom of the screw head before doing the final turn.

To re-assemble the towel rail simply hang the ends back to the wall and line up the rails into position. Once everything is lined up you can then tighten the grub screw back on.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects