Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix leak in bathroom sink?

vvho99
Just Starting Out

How to fix leak in bathroom sink?

image.jpg

Hi, there’s water coming from the silicone joint at the bottom of my sink. How do I fix this? Or do I need to get a plumber in?

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix leak in bathroom sink

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @vvho99. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fixing a leak.

It's time to call the plumber. To fix this leak, the gasket must be replaced, and to do so, the plumbing work will need to be taken apart. Any plumbing work must be carried out by a licensed professional.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Great thanks MitchellMc. I’ve had a few quotes, I’m just curious if it’s just replacing the silicone or I hear there needs to be a flange or something that needs to go on top?

The price between the two quotes are quite different between $140 - $200.

Thanks for your advice.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @vvho99 

It will depend on what the plumber will find. If the assembly has a crack in it, it's possible they will replace the entire waste assembly. But if it is just a defective seal, then that is what they will replace. In regards to the quote, ask them about what is included in the service.

If parts are included in the cheaper quote, then it would be practical to get the cheaper quote. But if they say for service only then it's up to you to decide which service you'll be paying for.  

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects