Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to go about renovating bathroom/laundry?

jesshard555
Finding My Feet

How to go about renovating bathroom/laundry?

Hi Looking to reno bathroom and laundry, how do I go about ordering items in my local store? as I Live remotely. How do i calculate how many tiles I need? Bathroom is 2130mm W  x 2800mm L and height 2310. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to go about renovating bathroom/laundry?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jesshard555. We're happy to have you join us and look forward to seeing how your can transform your bathroom and laundry. 

As you are browsing the Bunnings website, you will find many items can be purchased online and delivered to your home. You might also choose to instead order them online and collect them at your local store (Click and Collect). Alternatively, for special items you can contact your store's Special Orders desk to assist with an order. 

For how many tiles you need, could you please share a layout and/or photos of your bathroom, along with a link to the tiles you have chosen? I'm sure our helpful members like @redracer01 and @MitchellMc will be more than happy to assist. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

20210111_084016.jpg

This is the bathroom its  2130 wide x 2800L x 2310 H, I like the tiles that are around 600 x 600, also another type that are 800x 400 they come is boxes of 3 or 2 ??? I'm not sure what that is, also do you do kaboodle laundry and bathroom vanities, I want to create my bench top but need cupboards.

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @jesshard555 

Let me tag the wonderful @redracer01 to see if he might have some advice. 

@MitchellMc will also be more than happy to help when he is back on the site on Friday.

Thanks for your patience

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful

20210111_083940.jpg

This is my laundry its 2800x 3600 would love a laundry cupboard bench with a washing machine enclosed, along the wall where washing machine is now  also a taller cupboard for Broms, vacuums etc. Thanks also looking to tile floor with the 600x 600 tiles. 

Hi @jesshard555,

If you have a look at our wall tiles, you'll see their description provides both a square meter cost and if sold in a carton how many square meters it covers. Work out your room's square meterage to see how many cartons you'll need. The bathroom walls are around 22.54 meters squared overall and you can then minus doorways and windows to get closer to the mark. You can always return unused tile cartons after you finish the project. For the laundry floor, you'd need 10 square meters of tiles.

You might like to take a look through our range of Kaboodle cabinetry. You'll find plenty of cabinetry and benchtops to suit your needs.

If you can link me to the tiles you liked, I can let you know how many cartons you'll need.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mathy
Becoming a Leader

@jesshard555 are you wanting to do this yourself? I’m guessing likely “yes” if you live remotely.

1. Floor Tiles:

Can you tell us what the substrate is? From my experience, the larger the tile, the more likely it is to be slightly curved. Difficult for a newbie to lay. Difficult to cut (you need to use the appropriate cutting disc on an angle grinder). Smaller tiles don’t present half of the problems.

2. Wall Tiles

From your Laundry photo, it looks like you’ve got some sort of panelling on the wall, possible cement sheet (finishing strips on the joins). How old is your place, any chance that’s asbestos sheeting? I see the bathroom looks like some sort of panel/sheet as well. Tiling painted walls needs some thought when choosing a tiling adhesive, many of them will not stick to a painted surface. Some research for you :smile:

3. Cabinetry

Definitely Kaboodle cupboards available for the kitchen. Lots of different sizes to help you get a good fit for your space. Personally I find their online kitchen design tool a pain, but if you nail down your dimensions and post them, @redracer01 or @MitchellMc could offer some suggestions. Laundry cupboards, there’s a choice of Kaboodle or Bedford, depending on what you want to do :smile:

So more information needed, cheers Deb :smile:

Hello @jesshard555 

That is a generous shower area, I just have a few questions before making recommendations.

1. Are you just tiling the floor or are you tiling the wall as well?

2. Will you be relining the walls with new aqualine gibrock?

3. Are we keeping the bath?

4. Would it be ok to move the vanity towards the right hand wall near the door and away from the window?

5. Are you doing a full gut out or partial reno?

Cheers,

Red

p.s.

How to calculate how for tiling quantity.

If the floor area is 2130 W and is 2800 L multiply these two amounts to get your floor area in square meters.

2.130 x 2.800 = 5.964 ( lets round it up to 6 square meters to simplify )

6 meters divided by the coverage area of 1 box of tiles. One carton of 600 x 600 tiles will cover 1.08 square meters

6 / 1.08 = 5.55 ( to round up you will need 6 boxes to cover the area and you have extra should errors occur )

I hope that helps. My apologies to all the math teachers looking if I did not explain this well or made errors.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hello @jesshard555 

Same thing my friend just a few questions to clarify what I'm looking at.

1. Is the 3600 the side where the cement laundry tub is?

2. Can you possibly post a photo of the right hand side of the wall where the fridge is.

Cheers!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects