Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Estilo shower screen?

Dazzamtb
Finding My Feet

How to install Estilo shower screen?

Hi,

Can you install an Estilo shower screen to a 3 lip shower base?

Reason for my question is the Estilo shower bases are 4 lip

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: fitting Estilo shower screen

Hi  @Dazzamtb 

A 4 lip shower  base has 4  sides raised approx 40mm to keep the water in.  A  three lip shower base has 3 side  with raised lip ,

A shower  screen assuming it is a more standard corner screen only has  3 sides

but  should mount on a 3 or  4 lip base with out too many issues naterally the wall will form the 4th side.

Hi @Jewelleryrescue 

The door will fit in the no lipped side and the second panel will sit inside the lipped side as it is only 2 sides just concerned re the door leaking water

Hi @Dazzamtb 

Normally  most shower screens mount on top of the lip aiding in keeping the water in.

I could be  wrong that no lip side to my mind with out seeing assemble drawings will go to the wall and be sealed and the door will have the lip to stop water.

Does the showerr screen match the dimentions of the  base?  I mean will the shower screen sit on the base.?

@Jewelleryrescue 

Yes the Estilo screens from Bunnings are apparently adjustable to 900 on the door side 

HI @Dazzamtb 

Those  shower screens are in a  frame and need to sit on a floor or shower base .

So you might need a shower  base to match  you frame and support it underneath  is my best advice. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Dazzamtb 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your shower.

I'm sorry but I don't advise mixing and matching shower bases with shower frames that are not compatible with each other. An Estilo 4-lip shower base guarantees that the water inside the shower stays inside. Installing a 3-lip shower defeats the purpose, and you would have to add extra sealant to make sure that the open side does not leak.

You would also need to secure the other three sides as any water coming out of the frame from those sides would travel to the open side which will cause a leak. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects