Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Mondella shaving cabinet?

BethyBoo
Finding My Feet

How to install Mondella shaving cabinet?

Hi, does anyone know how to install the mondella shaving cabinet that already has hooks on the back? The instructions make no sense and the only video I can find from Bunnings is showing to make holes directly in the cabinet, that has a flush back on it so quite different (that would have been SO much easier than what I’m dealing with here) thanks

IMG_4116.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: mondella shaving cabinet

Hi @BethyBoo,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community and thank you for your question.

I have found the below instructions which show similar hooks that slip over a wall bracket.

Can you advise if you received these wall brackets along with your shaving cabinet? Also, can you see the "access holes" that it references in number 5?

If not, please advise and I will assist further.

Jacob

I have the smaller cabinet. Instructions are similar but make no sense as instruct to use centre of hook on back for measurements to place wall brackets. However the small brackets that go on the wall are too wide for this and won’t align with the same hole on the hook. So using this measurement makes no sense. I see from previous reviews that other people have had this issue 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @BethyBoo,

Can you advise specifically which shaving cabinet you have purchased? I can then review the instructions and make some further enquiries if they are needed.

From what you've said, if it's possible to move the hooks inwards around 25-30mm this might solve the issue of the brackets being too wide, but it appears they may be connected to the side as well as the back of the cabinet. Can you advise if this is correct?

Please let me know.

Jacob

Hi, yes the hooks seem to be permanently fixed

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @BethyBoo,

Is this Mondella 450mm Rococo Slimline Shaving Cabinet what you've purchased? If so, I'm struggling to track down an instruction manual online.

I'll be happy to make enquiries with our supplier when they open tomorrow if you can advise.

Jacob

IMG_4117.png

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @BethyBoo,

Now that I've gotten hold of the instructions for this particular shaving cabinet, I can offer some better advice.

Have you installed the wall brackets based on the above installation diagram? If you have and you are finding that the cabinet is not fitting over the brackets, you may need to measure the actual cabinet and make some adjustments based on what measurements you get. If the wall brackets are not fitting inside the outer walls of the cabinet, you may just need to move them in slightly. 

Please make sure to confirm the measurements on the cabinet before attempting the installation and let me know if you need any more assistance.

Jacob 

Thank you I’ll give that a go and let you know

IMG_4119.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects