Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a shower tile tray?

vonnie47
Just Starting Out

How to install a shower tile tray?

Can you please explain how you install a shower tile tray in my bathroom. From what I can see they have 3 sides and I only need two sides for tiles. Also I want to tile it with mosaic tiles, will that interfere with the fall towards the drain. I also need one that is 800 x 900 so is it possible to cut the side that does not need the lip.... regards Vonnie 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: shower tile tray

Hello @vonnie47

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about your shower tray.

In order for us to give you a comprehensive answer would it be possible for you to post a photo of your shower tray? Most tile shower trays have an in-built fall into them and tiling over it will not affect the fall. Tile shower trays are built to exact specifications and tolerances, cutting one side off may compromise its strength and rigidity, I don't recommend cutting the tray. 

Depending on the type of tray you purchased, some tile shower trays can be installed with two sides only. We will need to see the photo in order to determine this. It's great that you are renovating your shower, any updates or photos you can share would be much appreciated.

We look forward to seeing the photos of your shower tray.

Eric  

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects