Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a washing machine?

sensible
Just Starting Out

How to install a washing machine?

I’m looking to install a washing machine in my studios bathroom.

Can I get a splitter for this pipe so it still connects with the toilet, and to a hose into the washing machine?

IMG_2028.jpegIMG_2029.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install a washing machine?

Hello @sensible 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about installing a washing machine tap in your studio's bathroom.

There are a few ways to attach a water source for your washing machine. I recommend having a look at the Brasshards 15 x 20mm Chrome Loose Nut 2 Way Under Sink Tap. This tap has outlets for both standard 15mm and 20mm hose ends. The advantage is that there is no need to get any other parts as it's an all in one. You just need to put new plumber's tape on all the threaded ends, and it should be good to go.

Another way to do it is to use a Brasshards 15mm Brass Threaded Tee along with Syneco 1/2" Brass Garden Hose Tap and a Brasshards 15mm Brass Threaded Hexagon Nipple. When joined together it basically recreates the function of the function of the 2-way sink tap. The only difference is that this assembly gives you better hose positioning.  

However, if you are under the management of a housing association, I suggest speaking to the building manager about your plans before you begin. Please be aware that some states require a registered plumber to make these kinds of alteration. 

If you decide to go ahead with the modifications, please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your washing machine tap.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects