Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint a metal mirror frame?

NanaEvie
Finding My Feet

How to paint a metal mirror frame?

Hi All,  Need help please, what is the best way to paint a Metal/Aluminium Mirror Frame currently Pink which was the trend 20 years ago have had a new shower screen installed (chrome frame) and would like frame on the big mirror to be a silver grey colour, full length wall tiles Soft Grey and floor tiles are Darker Grey (2 tones) and I love them, Have been told to spray can the frame so brush marks don't show I'm an elderly lady now so not sure which is the best way to go and I can't take mirror off the wall .  Thank you

Ensuite bathroom mirrorEnsuite bathroom mirror

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Painting a Metal/Aluminium Mirror Frame

Hello @NanaEvie

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about painting your mirror frame.

With a little bit of masking preparation, you can change the colour of your mirror frame in a day. I suggest using ScotchBlue 24mm x 55m Original Multi-Surface Painter’s Masking Tape in combination with UNi-PRO 288mm x 50m Masking Paper - Twin Pack. Use the masking tape along with the masking paper to cover the exposed sides of the mirror frame. Then mask the inside of the mirror frame leaving the aluminium frame the only thing exposed.

Please make sure to remove all the items on top of your vanity and mask the vanity top to prevent overspray damage. With one last inspection check your masking handy work. Any areas you suspect will get hit with paint overspray cover it with masking paper and tape.      

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to paint window frames

Now don't be confused, the steps for painting aluminium window frames is the same when painting aluminium mirror frames. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your mirror frame revamped.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects