Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to re-enamel bath?

Lizard01
Just Starting Out

How to re-enamel bath?

Hi. I've just moved into a house that needs the bath e=re enameling & also needs a shower screen fitted. I live in Newcastle so looking for recommendations to get this project done.

IMG_6242 2.jpegIMG_6482.jpegIMG_6484.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to re-enamel bath?

Hello @LizSherriff 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your bath.

I'm sorry but Bunnings currently does not have a re-enamel coating product for baths. However, we do have a paint alternative. One is called the Rust-Oleum Tub And Tile Refinishing Kit and the other is White Knight 500ml White Tub And Basin Paint.

Both these painting systems are applicable only to metal enamel coated baths. It is not compatible with acrylic baths. The general steps are to sand the surface of the bath thoroughly. The surface is wiped clean and then it can be prepared for painting.

Here is a link to our best advice: Can you paint a bath?

I also suggest having a look at this featured project: Budget bathroom makeover with painted bath and tiles by @raceytrace. It has an excellent example of a painted bath and tiles.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles, and a mask when working on your project. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects