Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove L shape semi-frameless shower screen?

nimit1785
Finding My Feet

How to remove L shape semi-frameless shower screen?

Hello, I am looking at replacement to glass rubber seal for shower screen. I have removed rivets from joints but i am struggling to remove bottom L section of shower screen. Where one section is glass and second section is door. Does shower screen glued to tiles? Upright has runners screwed to wall and aluminium panel riveted to runner. But can't find anything for bottom.

Even someone can point to video. Can't seem to find good video for reference as well.

Thank you

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: remove L shape semi-frameless shower screen

Hello @nimit1785

Thanks for sharing your question about your shower screen. There's every possibility that the shower screen is glued to the tiles. To give us a better idea of what you're working on can you please post a picture of the area and the part that you are trying to disassemble. Once we've assessed your situation, we'll be able to offer ideas on how to remove the shower screen from your floor. 

If you need assistance in posting the pictures, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

 hi Eric,

thank you for response. I have removed silicon used for sealing and also taken out rivet that you can see in pic 2. Can’t see anything else that is holding frame on tiles.

is there any tool that I can slide under frame to cut glue?

thank you

image.jpg

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @nimit1785

Thank you for posting those photos of your shower. I suspect that the metal frame has been glued to the tile. Unfortunately, any tool you use will mark the surface of the tile. I suggest using Stanley FatMax 9mm Rubber Grip Snap-off Knife. I recommend going slowly to see how much silicone has been placed under there. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please don't hesitate to tell us.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects