Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove laundry tub?

Newbie2k23
Cultivating a Following

How to remove laundry tub?

20230518_202256.jpg

hello, all just wondering if I can remove this myself, and put it back after putting in the new flooring. we're doing floor reno atm and I'm thinking to add the laundry flooring as well if we can do this ourselves. But before trying to unscrew it needs to make sure before I damage anything. Thanks for help

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove laundry tub?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Newbie2k23. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing a laundry tub.

Removing and re-installing a laundry tub is a relatively easy task, depending on your level of D.I.Y. expertise. It does involve disconnecting some plumbing work, so it's best to check guidelines in your area to determine if a plumber is required. Have a read of this discussion which offers some great advice: Replacing laundry tub/cabinet

Basically, you'd start by disconnecting the waste pipe from the tub. Then, remove any screws or fasteners securing the cabinet to the wall or floor. Once the cabinet is detached, you should be able to access the tub. Look for screws or brackets holding the tub in place and remove them. Carefully lift the tub out of its position and set it aside. Once all the fixings are removed, you should be able to lift the cabinet up and off the pipework. You don't appear to have tiles installed over the rear lip, making life easy.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects