Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove stain on timber look bathroom floor and walls?

pamd
Just Starting Out

How to remove stain on timber look bathroom floor and walls?

20210720_133805.jpg

How can I  remove the stain from my bathroom floor and walls? It's like a map of hard water that dried out. Any suggestion on a product? Is it necessary to put a sealer? Any suggestion? I just moved in and don' t want my bathroom to be dirty looking. Thanks in advance.

20210720_133755.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to remove stain on timber look bathroom floor and walls?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @pamd. It's great to have you join us. You've joined a community of many clever and creative members so we're sure you will get plenty of helpful advice and inspiration for projects all around the house and garden.

Have you tried anything as yet to remove the stain? 

I would suggest you start with something very mild such as Mop and Glo using a soft scrubbing brush. It's always best to start with a mild approach before resorting to something more aggressive in case you damage the surface. It's also always wise to apply to an inconspicuous area first. 

Let me tag @Tara86@Brad and @JDE to see how they would tackle the problem. Our resident Bunnings expert @EricL will also be happy to share his thoughts when back on the site on Friday.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
pamd
Just Starting Out

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for your response. I tried scrubbing it with diluted bleach on the floor but still the same. I think it's embedded in the crevices as it's textured and unsealed. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @pamd

It's fantastic that you've received excellent advice from my colleague @Jason. Thank you for giving us an update on your attempt to clean the tile. It seems that the tile has absorbed the calcium deposits from the water. I recommend using CLR 1L Calcium Lime Rust Remover. As Jason has suggested, find a spot that is not in the direct line of sight when entering the bathroom.

Please note that CLR is an industrial-strength product, please follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging your tile. You can also try using Glitz Green 2L Cleaning Vinegar it is also known to remove limescale.

Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing the tiles clean and stain-free.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects