Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair curling of the edges on bathroom cabinet doors

birdie
Growing in Experience

How to repair curling of the edges on bathroom cabinet doors

Hi Workshoppers,

Can anyone suggest something simple and easy I can do about the curling on the bottom of our bathroom vanity door?

Bathroom curling cupboard.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair curling of the edges on bathroom cabinet doors

Hello @birdie

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about how to repair your bathroom cabinet door.

I'm sorry to hear that your bathroom cabinet door has been damaged. 

In order to repair your door you'll need the following:

In order to repair the door, I suggest removing it from its hinges. Once the door is off the cabinet, get your toothpick and the Selleys Glue. Generously dip the end of the toothpick into the Aquadhere wood glue and pierce the bottom of the door where the damage is. Your objective is to spread the glue on the interior part of the MDF that has inflated.

Next, grab some wax paper and cut it into two rectangular lengths that are slightly longer than the damaged piece of the door. Place the waxy side of the paper on top and below the door. Use the clamps to flatten the damaged side of the door and make sure to wipe off any excess glue. Leave the door for 24 hours to make sure that the glue cures properly.      

Gently remove the clamps and the wax paper, the wax paper will prevent the glue from sticking to it. You can lightly sand the bottom of the door if there is excess glue, after cleaning the door with a clean rag you can then paint the door to seal the damaged area.

If you have any other questions we can help you with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
birdie
Growing in Experience

Wow, thanks for the detailed advice @EricL I'll give it a go! :smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @birdie

If you run into any issues please don't hesitate to post your questions. I'm sure our members would be more than happy to provide advice and information.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects