Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace shower head?

kasey83
Finding My Feet

How to replace shower head?

I have just removed my shower head and are left with a male connection that isn’t a standard sizing. It’s stuck in with silicone. 

assuming there’s the proper female attachment behind the wall? And I need to remove the silicone to get to it? Any ideas? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace shower head?

Hi @kasey83

Thank you for the added information about your shower fitting. I recommend taking the next step and that is to remove the silver fitting that's been left behind. Unfortunately, the fitting is custom fit to the old shower arm. I recommend using a large shifter so that it will be easy for you to twist the silver piece off. The silicone should tear right off when the centre piece starts to move.

I suggest trimming the silicone with a craft knife so that the brass nipple mounting piece will be easily accessible. However, if you are worried about damaging the plumbing behind the wall, I suggest engaging the services of a professional handyperson to remove the silver piece and install your new shower head for you.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects