Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to resurface and fix my bathtub

penpan8988
Growing in Experience

How to resurface and fix my bathtub

Hi there,

I hope this message finds everyone well. 

My plumber has dented and left some holes in my bathtub (probably from tools).

I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix it?

My bathtub is:

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/bette-select-1700mm-drop-in-bath.html?fbclid=IwAR1s2uFmxyOd5RexA29ga...

Which i believe the material is Glazed Titanium Steel. Is there a product i can use to coat the holes (3) as per photos?

view from bathtubview from bathtubclose upclose up

Thanks for your help!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to resurface and fix my bathtub

Hello @penpan8988

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about how to resurface and fix your bathtub. 

I'm sorry to hear that your plumber has damaged your bath. I recommend using the PC-11 56g White Epoxy Paste it's waterproof, non-toxic, and once dry can be sanded down. I suggest mixing a small batch and feathering the edges when applying it to the damage. Please note that you will not get an exact colour match as the epoxy will be off white when it dries. I suggest using White Knight 500ml White Tub And Basin Paint to go over the repair.  

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
penpan8988
Growing in Experience

Hi Eric, 

Just wanted to say thanks, your advice has worked like a charm and is going 1 year strong. Thanks again!!

That's excellent feedback, @penpan8988! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how well this advice has worked for you. I trust @EricL will be delighted to hear that you successfully repaired your bath's damage.

Please remember we are here to assist with any projects around the home and garden, so reach out anytime you get stuck.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects