Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry and entrance makeover

VanessaW
Cultivating a Following

Laundry and entrance makeover

Hello community,

My first post as I've only just discovered this forum! Our laundry is in need of some love. Not only is it the laundry, it's also the entrance to our place because we're on a battleaxe.

IMG20210321142135.jpg

Dimensions are: 2300 (solid wall) by 1500 (window wall to door)

Ideally I'd love to rotate the tub and move the washing machine taps to have everything on the long wall with a bench and storage etc. But that might be a bit too costly, so I'm also keen to know what options are possible if I leave plumbing where it is and just upgrade the tub, pop a bench over the machine, new splashback tiles and some storage.

Would love to see any designs or ideas people might be able to come up with for us!

Cheers

VanessaW
Cultivating a Following

Re: Ideas for laundry and entrance makeover

Thought it was time for an update! Here's a sketch of the design and layout we've settled on using flatpax kits and a kaboodle bench. 

IMG20210424170322.jpg

IMG20210424170313.jpg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thanks for keeping us updated @VanessaW.

I'm sure @MitchellMc, @redracer01, @diy_hausdesigns and any other community members who have been following along will appreciate seeing your plans come together.

Look forward to seeing your progress.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's fantastic to see you've settled on a final design @VanessaW. I've changed my previous design to mimic what you have decided on, and I think it looks fantastic. I can't wait to see you take the next step.

Well done.

Mitchell

VanessaW
Cultivating a Following

Thanks @MitchellMc it's great to see the design rendered! Just a correction, the bench and sink should be on top of the bench cabinets on the washing machine side, so everything is on that wall. Thought that was the best option to open up the space!

VanessaW
Cultivating a Following

IMG20210513192142.jpg

 Here's the almost finished job! Just need to fix and paint the walls. Everything is from Bunnings except for the floating shelves. Can't wait to finish it off and decorate!

Looking great !!

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Hello @VanessaW 

You must be very excited! It won't be long now a few more jobs and finishing touches and this front entrance will look fantastic! What did you end up doing with the uneven cement bit that use to be the base of the hot water cylinder? I see you' be opted for the bigger 600mm pantry. Now that I see it, it does not look too imposing. Looking forward to the final reveal once you've painted and decorated! 

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Amazing work, @VanessaW! You've made some exceptional progress, and it's all coming together nicely. Was it all smooth sailing, or did you run into any difficulties?

Many thanks for sharing your update, and I very much look forward to seeing your finished results. Great work!

Mitchell

VanessaW
Cultivating a Following

IMG20210516180922.jpg

IMG20210516180931.jpg

Thanks @MitchellMc @redracer01 and @diy_hausdesigns ! Here's another photo now that we've painted the walls and added a few plants in. Still a few decorative touches I'd like to add but very close to done.   The cement block needed to be trimmed slightly and then the kickboard was attached so that it was flush with the cabinets. Everything else seemed to be relatively hiccup free. Thanks again to this group for the inspiration!

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

It's been wonderful to follow along with this project @VanessaW. You've done a fantastic job with this space. It's already looking homely with the added plants. 

We can't wait to see another update after those final decorative touches, and hear about the projects you've got planned next.

Stevie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects