Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry glow-up

theDIYedit
Making a Splash

Laundry glow-up

I thought I would share my just-finished laundry renovation. I bought a house in 2020, and although she is only 18 years old, she has been neglected her entire life as an investment property with zero maintenance. I have taken on the task of a full house renovation, tackling one room at a time, in-between working full-time and running a small business! The laundry was as basic as you can get, with a laundry trough mounted in a single metal cabinet. At some point, someone had helpfully shoved a pantry unit in there to help with the storage issues! I had a wish list of laundry goals - bench space for organising the washing and the drying, cabinetry for much needed storage, a large sink, and tying in functionality with form. The main brief was that it had to look good, so that I enjoyed doing the laundry and spending time in there! 

I spent a lot of time perfecting the design on the 3D Kaboodle design planner - such a great visual aid and it was so useful! I actually found it very user-friendly. My budget was pretty tight, so to help get more bang for my buck, I chose the 'paint your own' raw board doors from the Kaboodle range. I painted the doors and filler / end panels in Dulux Lexicon Quarter. Aside from the plumbing (roughing out new pipework to move the location of the taps and washer connections) and electrics (moving / adding power-points), My husband and I painted, built and installed everything ourselves. We're pretty handy, but have never done anything on this scale before! The bench tops were in the 'Frosted Oak' finish, using a square edge profile. We had never turned our hands to tiling before, but we jumped on the Bunnings website and watched the tiling tutorials. We went to our local store, bought the equipment, and we never looked back! 

I hope you like what we've achieved, as we're pretty thrilled. 

IMG_5691.JPG

IMG_5226.jpgIMG_5225.jpgIMG_6744.jpgIMG_6749.jpgIMG_6852.JPGIMG_6373.jpgIMG_7225.jpgIMG_5717.jpgIMG_5693.JPGIMG_5721.JPG

TheRenoDad
Having an Impact

Re: Laundry Glow-Up

Looks amazing @theDIYedit !

I especially like the long bench space and the feature lighting.

Welcome and thanks for sharing 😊

Luke | @TheRenoDad  

Post may contain sponsored content

Thanks so much Luke. Nice to see you here!

Lauren

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Lauren (@theDIYedit). It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this wonderful project.

What a stunning transformation! I can see why you are thrilled with the result; you really nailed the look. I'm sure it improves morale by having such lovely surroundings whilst doing laundry tasks.

Thanks for sharing such an inspiring project, and we very much look forward to your next one. Please shout out if you ever need assistance with a project or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @theDIYedit,

Let me give you a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous laundry transformation, you make it look easy. I am in love with your tile choice and your tapware compliments it perfectly. Well done!

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
projectmumdanni
Making a Splash

Re: Laundry glow-up

Looks great 👍 

DIYMum
Having an Impact

What a difference and I absolutely love those tiles @theDIYedit! Did you get them from Bunnings? 

kbright
Cultivating a Following

What a great job you should be very proud of the result. You have inspired me to start looking at my laundry for one of my next DIY jobs.

Thanks so much for your comments Mitchell. I still have to dig deep to get the ironing done though! 😆

Thank you for the welcome and your comments Katie! I do love the tiles - I feel like in a laundry, you can do something a bit more 'extra'! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects