Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry renovation catering for pets

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Laundry renovation catering for pets

Laundry.jpgIn the latest episode of the Make It Happen series, the Bunnings team creates a laundry that doubles as a mudroom for pets.

Stepping away from the typical cool white colour scheme, designer Jono creates a space that has colour, texture and charm.

It's obviously a functional space, too. The laundry features a huge sink to wash everything from dogs to doonas, a screened off clothesline, clever storage for gumboots, a living staghorn green wall, and a pet sleeping and feeding area with a hidden pet food trapdoor.

Watch episode five below, and catch earlier episodes on the Bunnings website.

You can let us know what you think of the transformation by replying below. 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Laundry renovation catering for pets

Love how that laundry's a perfect blend of style and function. Reminds me of @mangoaqua's terrific laundry makeover, which includes room to give their dog a haircut! 

@mangoaqua - you might be interested in checking out this episode. Keen to hear your thoughts.

Akanksha

larnsdiy
Just Starting Out

Hi @Jason, could you explain how they made the dog sink please. I would like to tackle this my self :smile: 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @larnsdiy. It's splendid to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about creating a pet washer sink.

The team have created a frame to the required dimensions with framing timbers. They've then sheeted over it with Aquacheck plasterboard. Once the sheeting was in place, they used a water-proofing membrane over the interior of the trough. After the membrane was installed, the waste was installed, and the surfaces were tiled. 

Here are some images I've taken from the video that should give you a good idea of the process.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects