Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry renovation ideas wanted - brand new at DIY

Hoopz
Finding My Feet

Laundry renovation ideas wanted - brand new at DIY

hi there I've just cleaned out my laundry bt am having trouble what wall cupboards or sink to put in against the wall by my top loader and also want to put in maybe a broom cupboard for bits and pieces. Also am going to paint walls and maybe change the tiles not too sure. Would appreciate any ideas or help. Thank you

20200811_092238.jpg

20200811_092238.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: brand new at DIY

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Hoopz. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

If you could take another photo from the door side to give us a better idea of the room and supply a basic plan with dimensions of the area including doorways, then I'm sure we can come up with some renderings of what the laundry could look like.

You might like to take a look at @bruce93's laundry reno which he has recently completed as it's a truly inspirational fit-out of a laundry.

In our article How to rejuvenate an old laundry, they showcase the use of vinyl planks as an option to cover existing surfaces. You might like to investigate their use instead of replacing the tiles.

For some extra inspiration can I suggest you take a look at How to transform your laundryHow to style your laundry and How to organise your laundry room. There are some unique suggestions within these articles which can transform the use of your laundry space.

We look forward to some additional information on the space and can't wait to assist with your project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Laundry renovation ideas wanted - brand new at DIY

Hello @Hoopz 

Can you give us the measurements of the room please. Can you please post a photo of the other side (entrance in to your laundry) Thanks.

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Re: brand new at DIY

Good Morning thank you all for your input. I hope this little diagram makes sense.

20200812_085709.jpg

20200811_092313.jpg

20200811_092258.jpg

Many thanks for the extra photos and sketch @Hoopz.

Let me tag @redracer01 so he is alerted to your reply.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Hoopz 

Here are a few suggestions for your lay out. Enjoy the drawings, good luck and stay safe.

Cheers,

Red

Hoopz1.jpgHoopz2.jpgHoopz3.jpgHoopz4.jpgHoopz5.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thank you kindly redracer01 makes such a difference when I see it like this, I love the layout I am definitely going to use this layout.

Thank you very much will keep you updated with pics etc how we go. 

Anthe
Getting Established

Hi @Hoopz im very new and not good at DIY honestly but I am now struggling with laundry room. A fresh coat of paint did wonders, I used a white from Dulux for wet areas in a sample Lexicon half maybe? I saw a budget reno on Bunnings they painted over the tiles it looked amazing! I’m not affiliated with Bunnings so I can suggest this cabinet which I’ll probably be getting too. Good luck!

C03519CF-50C5-4248-B164-96708DBB07EC.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects