Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry room cabinetry - another project done!

EdwardW
Having an Impact

Laundry room cabinetry - another project done!

Hi guys,

Built this for a friend - just few cabinets for laundry room, with added shelves for the whole length of the wall. Biggest challenge was the tall cabinet, where the back corner had to be cut in quite an aggressive angle... Overall, the material was melamine 16mm, obviously edge banded (damn I hate that job!!! 😂). For the whole project it was 4 full sheets of melamine (1220x2440).

By the way, here's a VERY neat tool when it comes to optimising the cuts of any sheet materials... And it's best feature besides being really useful - it is FREE! All you need is to feed in your sheet size, width of blade and the sizes of the parts you need. The software will produce a very cool cutlist even with instructions about order of the cuts for the best outcome and less waste. 

1614590971818.jpg1614591090418.jpg

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Laundry room cabinetry - another project done!

Very impressive work @EdwardW. That tall cabinet really is making the most of the space by the door jamb. Thanks for sharing the cut list optimizer tool. I'm certain that will make so many community members' lives easier. And thanks for sharing this project. I'm sure you've inspired a few people to contemplate a bit of D.I.Y. in their own laundries.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That looks like an extremely functional laundry @EdwardW. How did you add the edging, was it glued and nailed in place?

That cut list tool appears to be very handy, and I'll be sure to use it in the future. Trying to fit everything you need into one panel is always a chore.

Many thanks for sharing, and well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc ,

The cedar one was glued and held with finishing nails - used a 23g nail gun to put those in place. Rest was a vinyl iron on edge, which I will see in my nightmares after this project :laugh: 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects