Workshop
Ask a question

How to replace a certain type of cabinet hinge?

manthepianist
Finding My Feet

How to replace a certain type of cabinet hinge?

I have a bathroom cabinet. I need to replace one of the door hinges.

But I seemed unable to find this type of hinge.

Any chance someone can help point me to the right direction where to get it ?

Thanks heaps in advance!

2024-03-29 16.23.58.jpg2024-03-29 16.24.08.jpg2024-03-29 16.24.20.jpg2024-03-29 16.24.31.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking for a certain type of cabinet hinge

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @manthepianist. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about cabinet hinges.

Have you taken the hinge to your nearest Bunnings store and had a team member check to see whether an equivalent is available? It appears relatively standard, and I suspect there will be a replacement. Typically, it needs to be held up side-by-side with those on the shelf to ensure it has the correct degree of opening specifications. It's possibly something similar to a Blum 107° Half Overlay Hinge, but it really needs to be compared in person.

Failing it being a standard hinge, you'd likely need to contact the manufacturer to determine if replacements are available. If the hinge and cabinet were purchased through us I'd be happy to do that for you. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks.

Will do.

Sometimes Bunnings team members are kind of busy most of the time when i go there.

But ill give it another try today.

Manthepianist

Hi @manthepianist,

Your best bet is to go on a weekday evening when it's quieter rather than on the weekend when everyone is out shopping. If you ask for assistance at one of the counters I trust the team will be able to locate an expert to assist you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects