Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace S Trap toilet with 240mm setout?

lesleymkerr
Just Starting Out

How to replace S Trap toilet with 240mm setout?

Hi All

Just been to Bunnings, my favorite shop, to buy a toilet to replace the 50 year toilet. Most of the toilets have 180mm setout, I took the measurement from wall to centre of waste pipe and it is 240mm. Also the bottom tap is 170mm from the centre of waste pipe. I am after a back to wall, is it possible to buy the Mondella Concerto and buy some sort of adaptor. (This is the bit that confuses me). I don't understand how you can make a toilet fit into the existing waste pipe.

Thanks for your help.

PS I did find a toilet elsewhere that has a 240mm setout - am I best to buy that to save the hassle??

Cheers.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I want to replace old S Trap toilet which has a 240mm setout but most toilets seem to be 180m...

Hi @lesleymkerr,

The maximum allowable set out for the Mondella Concerto is 180mm; otherwise, the vario bend that is included won't fit. At 240mm setout, that would be past the internal connection, so there's no adaptor that could resolve that issue. 

I've taken a look at our range, and unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be anything that would suit a 240mm setout. There is the possibility of adaptors that could be used to allow installation, but that would be something a plumber would have to take a look at for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects