Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mini laundry makeover

Jesse1
Having an Impact

Mini laundry makeover

472EEAAF-65FB-4AC6-BC84-B8BC8AFFEDAC.jpeg

BED1794C-2D73-4948-BB0D-7892458814CA.jpeg

  

F9A3FF43-8921-4CD9-BD2D-EDEAEFBE80AC.jpeg

1E28621B-5133-4BB3-83D8-72A2E1EBDA76.jpeg

Finished our mini makeover!  We had painted our blue/grey laminate cupboard doors a year ago as a quick freshen up to the laundry. Recently we inadvertently poured diluted pool acid into the laundry sink which damaged the stainless surface so - happy days!!  An excuse to do a refurb!  We were fortunate enough to purchase a clearance bamboo bench top which enabled us to double the bench space available. We also installed a flat pack laundry Shute. Very happy with results for little effort. 

8F31737E-B45C-4B64-A5E5-198814919CB8.jpeg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Mini laundry makeover

Well done @Jesse1. I love the fresh and minimal look you've achieved.

If you feel comfortable, could you share your budget for this project? It would be helpful for other members wanting to do a similar revamp of their laundry.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Maximus
Getting Established

@Jesse1 

Wowww what an excellent job, thats gorgeous! I love the bamboo bench top! Where did you buy from? If you dont mind me asking, what was your budget please? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Maximus

Thank you for joining the discussion. Let me tag @Jesse1 so that they are made aware of your question. It is an excellent laundry make-over, the addition of the Bamboo benchtop has made the laundry streamlined. I recommend having a look at the Kaboodle 2400 x 600 x 35mm Bamboo Benchtop for your laundry. The laundry chute they mentioned would be the Flatpax 450mm Utility Linen Chute. A compatible square sink is the Mondella Rococo Square Single Bowl Sink.

Are you planning your own laundry update? I'm sure our members would be happy to provide advice and information should you have any questions about your project.

Please keep us updated.

Eric

Really happy with the result and I now have twice the bench space as before. I thought I had posted my breakdown of costs but being a newbie on this forum (or any social media for that matter) I am never absolutely confident that I have done it correctly!

All products were purchased from Bunnings (our “go to” store for everything Reno or gardening ). We had some bits and pieces from other jobs at home and some we will use remnants of on other jobs but think that we spent approximately $1,000 not including plumber and electrician. Hope this helps. 

Maximus
Getting Established

Hello Eric🙂

Thank you for tagging Jesse1, and also for the recommendations, very much appreciated🙂🙂 Bunnings is one of my faav shops and im even happier knowing i can buy everything from there! Not updating anything at the moment, just looking and getting ideas for a little further down the track.  I definitely look forward to receiving advice and information when the time comes🙂 

Thank you

Maximus
Getting Established

Im also a newbie too😁

Wowwww $1000... thats awesome!! 👍👍

Your new laundry is more modern and so much brighter! I love it🙌🙌

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thanks for sharing @Jesse1.

It's amazing how you've been able to completely change the look and functionality of the space on a small budget.

Stevie

natski
Getting Established

@Jesse1 

Hi Jesse, thank you this laundry is identical to my laundry, I am changing the floor tiles and putting a new bench top. Can I ask please where you sourced your Bamboo bench top from please ??? 

Jesse1
Having an Impact

Hi @natski 

We were fortunate enough to purchase the bench top from Bunnings as a clearance item for $200. I’m thinking it was discounted because it was 50mm thick and perhaps not a popular size. In any case it works well for us and looks great. 

Good luck with your search for a new bench top- there are often great bargains to be had if you haunt your local Bunnings store!  

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects