Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Moving the throne

Havagobob
Just Starting Out

Moving the throne

I want some advice on moving a toilet from one position to another position,  it means cutting through a concrete floor and extending the pipe, is this the way to do, cutting through the concrete to the depth needed to get to the pipe,  and extend it to the place i hv selected,  and concreteing it back in, is this what i need to do, anyone that has done this before,  all the insight you can give me will be appreciated,  

Thanku bob

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: moving the throne

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Havagobob. It's sensational to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

That's the basic gist of it. You would cut into the concrete to access the waste. Cut and remove the slab allowing enough room to divert the pipe to where you need the new toilet. Adequate fall of the line needs to be adhered to if you plan on moving the toilet some distance. Then you will have to rebuild the concrete foundation and replace the sub-flooring and tiles.

If the new toilet position is on an exterior wall, you could consider a skew trap suite instead of using the existing pipework.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects