Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New toilet installation

brookemc
Just Starting Out

New toilet installation

I need a new cistern. Can you advice what brand will fit with an imperial. I was looking at a mondella .. how do i work out which brand will fit it.. 

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Re: toilet

Im looking at replacing mine in the future as well and Im just as confused as you are regards what fits what - and to be honest Im probably going to unbolt mine when the time comes - and take it into bunnings to be sure it will work hahaha (yeah might be a little embarrassing hahahaha, but my experience with Bunnings advice has been great sofar and with any luck you end up talking with a retired ex tradie plumber in your case, and if any adapters are required for the new cistern it might be handy having the old cistern there)
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New toilet installation

Hi @brookemc,

Apologies for the slow reply, but I wanted to reach out and extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community and see how you were going with your toilet replacement. Do you still need a hand? You might be interested in this toilet installation offer from Bunnings, which uses a fully registered and licensed tradeperson to install your new toilet.

Please feel free to post on Workshop whenever you need a hand with a project around the home or garden. We have loads of community members regularly sharing their knowledge and inspiring projects. And please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BP
Finding My Feet

I bought two toilet installations on 19th December 2020. Staff member dated the install for next work day being 21st December. I've received no contact from any tradies. Called HiPages 3 times to get an update. They can't change the install date, so no tradie will even look at it. It's now 6th January, 2021 and I have no idea if or when my toilets will be installed.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to read of your experience @BP. The Bunnings team would be very happy to assist. If you would like to submit your details via the contact us page, one of the customer service team will get in touch as soon as possible. Alternatively, feel free to send me a private message here on Workshop with your contact details and the name of the store you purchased from and I can ask one of the team to contact you.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. I trust you will receive plenty of helpful advice and inspiration for projects around the house from our wonderful members. Please don't hesitate to post whenever you need a hand.

Jason

BP
Finding My Feet

How do I private message?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BP

You can send me a private message by clicking on my username and then the Send this user a private message button at the bottom of my profile page. Alternatively, you can access the Private Messenger by clicking on the arrow next to your username at the top right hand corner of any screen and then selecting Private Messages from the drop down menu that appears.

Thanks,

Jason

BP
Finding My Feet

Done. I sent it.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad we could help @BP.

As per my private message, the Bunnings team has requested an installer from HiPages make contact with you directly to arrange a suitable installation time.

Hope it all goes smoothly from now on. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with your projects. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects