Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Paint colour suggestions

BloodHammer
Finding My Feet

Paint colour suggestions

Hi people, Am after paint suggestions, other than white, what are some suggestions for painting a small laundry and toilet.

Thanks in advance

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Paint colour suggestions

Hi @BloodHammer,

Many years ago, a man requested my assistance as a Paint Expert to decide on colours for his wall. As always, I responded first with, "Colour choice is a very personal preference, and although I can offer current colour themes and advice, it's impossible to know what colours you'll like. What I might think looks good, you might not". With a dejected look on his face, he paused for a moment before letting me know that he was colour-blind and just wanted a colour that other people found nice and didn't want to pick something that looked good to him and horrible to everyone else. I gave him my recommendation that he's the one that needs to look at it every day, and the colours chosen most importantly should appeal to him. I then proceeded to select some colours that I thought would suit, and he chose from those the ones he liked as well. An interesting scenario indeed. 

Anyway, a bit of tangent, but it sets the scene for your colour choices. What are you looking for? Something bright and colourful or bold? Maybe something subtly off-white? Here are some popular interior colour schemes that you might like to check out. Also, check out our Top 10 laundry renovations for inspiration. You'll note that most are working with a white/off-white theme as that clean, fresh look is very on trend at the moment. You might like to consider three white walls and a bold statement wall in a darker colour. This can work exceptionally well if you install panelling on the feature wall.

If you do a Google images search for bathroom/laundry colour schemes, you'll find a ton of examples to consider.

Have you used the Dulux colour app? It allows you to take a picture of your room and then virtually paint your walls. It even gives you a pre-loaded selection of the most popular colour palettes. Once you arrive at a few colours that you like, I'd encourage you to pick up some sample pots and gives them a try. There's nothing more helpful when selecting colours than seeing them on the wall.

I'm keen to hear more about your project. You might like to pop up a couple of images of your bathroom/laundry so our helpful members have an idea of what you're working with. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Paint colour suggestions

Thanks for that advice

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects