Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Portable or temporary shower screen?

VincentK
Just Starting Out

Portable or temporary shower screen?

Hello all - first question - hope you can help :smile:

I've just moved into a new house and we have a couple of standing showers / shower rooms that have partial / zero screens. 

The rooms get really wet whenever we use them. 

As it is a rental place I can't / don't want to, get a perm screen installed.

I was wondering if there are any options for free-standing screens?  

I've had a quick search and nothing is really fitting the bill. 

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Portable or temporary shower screen?

Hello @VincentK

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about portable or temporary shower screens.

There are a few options available to you. However, these methods all rely on the room being small enough that you can place an adjustable pole between them. I suggest having a look at the Handi Homes 88 - 160cm Aluminium Extenda Rail. This pole will extend to a maximum of 1.6 meters and allow you to hang a Barelli 180 x 180cm Frosting White Peva Shower Curtain. The most versatile curtain ring for this shower curtain is the Barelli Clear Shower Curtain Rings - 24 Pack. They are made of premium polymers and will not stain the rail or curtain.

Another method is to use the Sandleford 16mm-19mm Adjustable Chrome Pillar End combined with a suitable Sandleford Rod. This is a push-to-fit system and does not need to be drilled in. Would it be possible for you to post the measurements of the shower room and the location of the shower? This will allow our members to have an idea of your setup and provide you with a comprehensive recommendation. Please keep us updated,  we look forward to seeing the measurements.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
VincentK
Just Starting Out

Thanks for your kind words @EricL and of course - thanks for the help!

I've taken a pic of each shower area an annotated with dimensions.  Hopefully you can read it ok.

Shower 1

This one has essentially no screen except for the grey tiled partition on one side.

It looks like it would not really be possible to brace a rod across its width at a 'normal' height although I guess bracing against the tiled partition would offer some coverage. 

VincentK_0-1630627264357.png

Shower 2

This one fairs a little better, with just an entrance to the shower that is open.

(The shower head is inside to the right)

VincentK_1-1630627323879.png

Hope this helps mate?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @VincentK,

@EricL will be back on the site after the weekend. I believe it would be Eric's intention for you to use the rails between the walls and be after those measurements. The idea would be to have the tubing at head height fixed between the walls so the curtain can be positioned on it where the shower is. These Sandleford 16mm-19mm Adjustable Chrome Pillar Ends require two solid surfaces to push against. It's not ideal having the bare pole in mid-air across your bathroom, but it could solve the issue. The longest span you could really do would be with the Sandleford 19 x 2700mm Chrome Tube Rod.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects