Workshop
Ask a question

How to remove and replace a shower rail?

Ellie956
Just Starting Out

How to remove and replace a shower rail?

Could someone please advise me how to remove the shower rail so that I can fit a new one.  It is different from others  as I can not find how it attaches to the wall and when asking the people who built this house I cannot get any answers. The shower rail slider broke and have tried to fit another temporary one however the rail is 18 mm which is smaller than usual and doesn't work very well so wish to remove the entire rail and replace with a new one. If someone can let me know to get this off it would be greatly appreciated.IMG_20240427_103358.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Removing a shower rail

Hi @Ellie956,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

Without knowing the specific model of shower rail, my best guess would be that these two plates are removable and there are screws underneath attaching the rail to the wall.

You should be able to remove them by gently rotating them and pulling away from the wall. If you are struggling to get a grip on them a small piece of non-slip matting such as Practa Non-slip Kitchen Drawer Liner might help you to get some purchase. 

Let me know how you go, I'm happy to help further if this doesn't solve the problem.

Jacob

Thanks for getting back to me. Hubby had a really good look at it and finally found that the caps at the top and bottom of the rod come off so that you can slide the rod off cheers Ellie

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Ellie956,

Excellent, I'm glad to hear you've had some success.

Keep us in the loop if you ever need more assistance with anything D.I.Y.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects