Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Reno novice - Laundry redo

renonewbie
Cultivating a Following

Reno novice - Laundry redo

Hi there, completely new to all this, have been browsing all the posts with open eyes, super excited to have found this community. Have just bought a 2 bedroom duplex and looking to do some minor (I hope!), and budget (as plan to rent it out) renovations both to laundry and to living area (will post separately) 

Will have a builder to assist but want to get a concrete plan down and potentially keep costs down by providing some of the materials etc. 

My current issues/ideas are 

1. open up room with more light by changing door to light colored oak or similar with glass that opens externally to deck as opposed to internally now

2. light colored timber or similar laminate bench top to encase sink and washing machine, possibly a waterfall over the edge

3. issue with washing machine plumbing is it's set rather high so do I a) look for brass fitting and leave exposed and drill holes in the bench top or b) pricier I imagine, plumber to move and set lower than bench top?

4. we have a top loader but would be happy to replace with front loader to accommodate a bench top - but if kept would need hinged door on benchtop? and if we do a bench top do we limit renters options for their washing machine size etc? Our washing machine seems really high which would make the bench top a bit too high? it's 103mm.

5. would love a ceramic white larger than current sink potentially spaced over to the right, to allow floating timber shelves. 

But with the timber shelves they'd protrude over the window

6. we're limited with storage space so wanted shelves/cabinetry below the sink - like the Bunnings options but not sure if the sizing will fit. Could we do timber shelves next to the door or would it be too tight?

7. our pantry is a whole other re do which I think i'll leave until we've planned the laundry … 

Any suggestions, advice, ideas, products etc would be most appreciated, please let me know if you need more information

Ta very much

current sink and washing machinecurrent sink and washing machinepantry door and door to garagepantry door and door to garagetoilet door and door to outside decktoilet door and door to outside deckWIN_20200906_11_48_01_Pro.jpg

renonewbie
Cultivating a Following

Re: Reno novice - Laundry redo

Hi @MitchellMc 

Just wanted to show you the finished product. Happy with the first reno. Thanks for all the help!

20210123_210232.jpg

Amazing work @renonewbie, I absolutely love it! What a simple and effective project that has really improved the look of that area immensely. I'd be keen to see that roller blind changed out for a white Venetian blind, as I believe it would complement the look very well.

Many thanks for sharing your results, as I trust they will be of great inspiration to others. You should be very proud of your efforts, well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Looks terrific @renonewbie. Well done on your first renovation project. I'm sure it won't be your last and we are looking forward to seeing what you tackle next!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects