Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Repainting bathroom shower tiles

KarenP2
Just Starting Out

Repainting bathroom shower tiles

Hello, I'm looking to give my bathroom a makeover and was wanting to avoid redoing the tiling. I have found some products like the Dulux Rejuvenation range of paints that can be used to repaint wall and floor tiles, but have not been able to find a product that can be used on the floor tiles in the shower recess. Are there any products out there or am I looking for a unicorn? Thanks Karen

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Repainting Bathroom Shower Tiles

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @KarenP2 and thanks for jumping in with such an interesting question. We're so pleased you've joined us.

You might be interested in some of the suggestions in this discussion about painting on tiles. Let me tag @redracer01 and @MitchellMc who might be able to suggest some products for you.

Jane 

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Repainting bathroom shower tiles

Hello @KarenP2 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. I've gone to the Dulux website in reference to this particular issue and they do not support the painting of the shower floor at this point in time. They are currently testing the product to see if it can withstand total water immersion for long periods of time. Perhaps when their results come out we will have a better idea if it is good to use in the shower recess. But outside the shower everything else is ok to be painted. I've attached a copy of the Dulux info page at the bottom specifically number line 47 and number 48 referring to the shower base and tile base. Let me mention @MitchellMc perhaps he will have other recommendations for your shower area.

Cheers,

Red

Screenshot_2021-03-23 reno-range-faqs pdf.png 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Repainting Bathroom Shower Tiles

Hi @KarenP2,

It's great to see you've already received a helpful response from @redracer01. I am not aware of any paint recommended for use on floor tiles in a shower recess. 

You might like to post some bathroom images, and our helpful members could have some alternative solutions to painting the tiles. Depending on the situation, you might look at installing a shower base.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects