Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Replacing vanity top on non standard sized cabinet

Mollie
Just Starting Out

Replacing vanity top on non standard sized cabinet

Hello, 

First time posting on here!

I'm planning to give my outdated bathroom a cheap makeover and trying to plan it from home due to the lock down!

The bathroom vanity is not a standard size so I am unsure which would be the best option. The cabinet itself is 790mm x 460mm, I am unsure if a vanity top such as https://www.bunnings.com.au/mondella-rococo-900mm-ceramic-vanity-basin-with-1-tap-hole_p4844312 will work, does this vanity top have a flat base or does it have an edge that only fits specific cabinet sizes? 

Thank you 😀

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replacing vanity top on non standard sized cabinet

Hello @Mollie

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about replacing a vanity top on a non-standard-sized cabinet.

A few conditions must be present for your plan to work. The vanity cabinet must be structurally sound and has not been water damaged. There must be enough overhang space to the left and right of the vanity for the Mondella Rococo 900mm Ceramic Vanity Basin With 1 Tap Hole to fit in. Ideally, you want the new top to be centered to the cabinet, make sure that the bowl does not hit the drawer assembly of your vanity cabinet. If the drawer assembly is in the way it will result in the top being offset and will make it look unbalanced.

I recommend using a Marquee 2000 x 600 x 28mm Speckled White Benchtop cut down to the size that you need. Combine it with an Estilo 400mm White Round Counter Top Basin. This will allow you to have a top exactly the size that you need and will allow you to position the bowl wherever you want. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your vanity makeover.

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular bathroom projects

Let me tag our experienced members @prettyliving and @Peggers for their recommendations.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects